Monday, April 14, 2008

Furnace Issues

My new boyfriend, Mr. Spaceheater

Our furnace is broken. It's been off for the past couple of weeks because the weather has been sooo nice. We got up this morning and it was freezing, so Jay went to turn the heat on. A little bit later, we realized that it hadn't warmed up, and the heat was not blowing. Well, turns out our flame sensor is bad and we need to get a new one...and that won't happen until tomorrow....and it's supposed to drop into the 30's tonight. I was already bummed out that I have to pay for a new flame sensor, and then I realized that I would have to spend the day and night in a freezing house.

I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself, when I remembered all of the loving members of our Home Fellowship group who live close by and are prepared to love me with the love of Christ and provide for my needs (and I was feeling needy after all). Long story short, I sent out an e-mail, and after about 5 minutes, I had about 5 offers to let me borrow a space heater..and even an offer for somewhere to stay if need be. Hallelujah!

I have to say that I have felt so blessed since we started this Home Fellowship Group a few short months ago. To be honest, I was skeptical at first, and very guarded and selfish with my time. But God has definitely transformed my heart. I love having people close by that I can get to know and a more intimate level and invest my time into. I love that I can be vulnerable with this small group, and share what I'm struggling with and what's going on in my life. I love being able to get to know people that I wouldn't get to know just by attending church on Sunday.

Thank you Lord for the gift of Christian community

No comments: