Friday, July 4, 2008

Peachtree Road Race - Year 1


Today I ran the Peachtree Road Race! I've been running the past 4 or 5 months to get ready. I met all of my goals (which consisted of running the whole way without feeling like I was dying) and had a really good time. Maybe next year people won't bail on me and I won't have to run by myself. :)

Here's my synopsis:

Pre-race - Oh my gosh this takes forever. Next year I'm not getting there until after 8:00. We didn't start till after 9:00
Mile 1 - Yay finally we started...wait now we're stopping...now we're going again. Too many people and everyone is passing me
Mile 2 - Going strong. people are still passing me. Keep running right past the doughnuts being handed out by Publix
Mile 3 - Cardiac Hill...this is a piece of cake. What is everyone complaining about? The hill in my backyard is bigger
Mile 4 - Okay, now everyone around me is walking. And people keep stopping in front of me. Grrr. But a man in a banana costume game me five.
Mile 5 - Feelin' good. People keep getting in my way. I think this is my fastest mile. Finally the finish line!
Post-race - Found Jay, who asks me if I want a Krispy Kreme. He knows me so well.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hey! I didn't bail! I was sidelined by a knee injury and wished like anything I could be there :( Next year!