Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend



Out with the old, in with the new. I've got my new car, but that means that it's time to say goodbye to my old one. I've been driving my little Hyundai Elantra for nine years. It's taken me to co-op in Chattanooga, to school at Georgia Tech, to home in Columbus, and all over the city of Atlanta.

It wasn't fancy, but it took me everywhere I needed to go; to work, to the theater, to church, to dates, to friend's. My brother hit a deer with it. I was rear-ended in it. And I hit a concrete pillar in a parking deck (and then touched up the paint myself). But it kept chugging.

I'm going to miss my little car. I always tried to talk nicely to it, in hopes that it would last longer for me. And it had a good life span. I know that I got my money's worth out of it. I'm sad to see it go (well, it's still sitting in front of our house at the moment), but I'm glad to move on to my CRV.

1 comment:

Aleesha said...

Aww, Ames, that car is filled with such fond memories! Alas, we must all move on. And the new car looks super sweet!