Wednesday, March 26, 2008

wee wittle wamb quilt


This is the quilt that I made for Jay's brother's new baby. I hope to be able to hand make a quilt for each niece and nephew that comes along. Hopefully life won't get too crazy and I'll be able to see that through. I think that it turned out cute.

I've been excited about having a new niece. I think that it's because I was close to my aunts and uncles growing up. Especially the ones that lived nearby. Very few weekends went by when we didn't see family sometime or another. I think that I've appreciated it more since my Uncle Rick passed away a few years ago. He was a woodworker and made me a cradle when I was born...and later a rocking horse, and a doll house. I am eagerly anticipating the day when we have our first child and I can retrieve those items from the attic.

No comments: