Yesterday afternoon I got the urge to do some organizing. The house has been driving me crazy lately. There are so many things that don't have a permanent home. And this closet is awful. Everything is was stacked on top of other stuff making it impossible to get anything out.
So, $35 and a couple of hours later I built two more shelves in the closet (with much help from Jay, of course). Everything that came out went back in, and we were also able to fit in the vacuum cleaner, the step ladder, and the table leaf.
Speaking of the table leaf...we've been keeping it in the original box it came (which is bulky and doesn't hold it well). When I got done with the closet last night, I made a casing for the table leaf with some extra cushioning on the bottom to keep it from getting banged up as it lives in its new home.