Last night Jay and I were going through our semi-annual ritual of changing out his short sleeved and long sleeved shirts. While doing this, we try to pull out the items that need to go and take inventory of what he needs.
This shirt was one that got tossed into the Goodwill pile (too big and it had a stain). I've always like the fabric of this shirt, so I decided that I could use it to make something for me.
I used a pattern that I had made and cut up the shirt to make this;
I had to be creative in order to have enough fabric (and to cover the stain...which is now behind one of the pockets). But, I think it turned out very cute. All things said and done, three hours and $0 later I have a new shirt!