Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finished Quilt!



Well, I finally finished the quilt! And just in time for the shower (that was today...more pictures to come). I think that it's adorable. Katy seemed to like it, and Zane seemed apathetic (or maybe he was just asleep) but I'm sure that he'll grow to love it :).

The quilt itself wasn't too difficult. The most difficult part was figuring out the frogs. I always get an idea in my mind and have to bring it to life. I can't just find a pattern that exists and use it...I have to do it myself (I think I probably drove my mom crazy when I was little). So figuring out how to make the frogs look like I wanted them to (without them looking creepy, as Jay would say) was probably the hardest part.

Oh, and my sewing machine broke in the middle of it all. It's my cheap small one, so it's not a terribly big deal. But, since the only other one I have is an industrial, I still need non-commercial one to do things like zig-zag stitches and button holes. I don't really want to be spending money on a new one right now so I've been scouring Craigslist. Nothing yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.



No comments: