Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Wardrobe Time


I don't do much shopping (because it costs money), and I don't do much sewing for myself. The only time that I really can find modivation for either is when the seasons are changing. When winter begins to drip away, and flowers begin to poke out their heads, I get a desire for new clothes. The same thing happens when the seasons change from summer to fall.

So, last time I was out shopping, I picked up some fabric at Discount Fabrics. If you don't know much about fabrics, I wouldn't go shopping there for apparel material. There is a lot of junk, but definately some gems hidden among the heaps of cheap fabric and upholstry material.

I picked up 1 yard of a royal blue twill (which is going to become a skirt, I think), and 3 yards of a striped cream and denim material (which will become a cropped jacket and maybe a skirt if I can squeeze it out). They were both $1.99/yd. So, if I can get three garments out of $8 worth of material, I'll be doing pretty well. Oh, and the buttons were 40% off at Hancock Fabrics. Of course I won't have three garments until I actually make them, which may be another story. I'll keep you up to date.

No comments: